WE ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS both online and at our Van showroom in Swindon. We will be following the government guidelines with reference to social distancing and hygiene.
1. These terms and conditions form the entire agreement between the Dealer and the Customer. Any other terms and conditions are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law. This does not affect a consumer’s statutory rights.
2. Any order or any allowance in respect of a motor vehicle offered in part exchange by the Customer is subject to written acceptance by the Dealer.
3. The customer must take and pay for the goods within 7 days of being notified that they are available. If the Customer fails to do so, then the Dealer will be entitled to keep the deposit, and recover damages for all resulting loss(including loss of profit), costs(including labour and materials at usual retail rate), charges and expenses.
4. The Dealer will retain ownership of the goods until they have been paid for. Responsibility for looking after the goods becomes the Customer’s responsibility on delivery or payment, whichever is sooner.
5. Any estimated date quoted for delivery of the goods is only approximate. The Dealer shall not be liable for delay or failure in delivery of the goods which is beyond its control.
6. Pre-stock orders do not relate to a particular vehicle. Such orders are accepted on the basis that the Dealer will attempt to source a suitable vehicle within a reasonable time.
7. If the Dealer fails to deliver the goods within 28 days of the estimated date of delivery stated in this contract, the Customer, may, by notice in writing to the dealer, require delivery of the goods within 7 days of receipt of such notice. If the goods are not delivered to the customer within the 7 days, the contact shall be cancelled. If the contact is cancelled any deposit paid shall be returned and the Dealer shall be under no further liability.
8. Any agreement for the Dealer to purchase a vehicle or other goods in part exchange is subject to the following:
- The part exchange goods must be the sole property of the Customer, and the Customer must be entitled to sell them.
- The part exchange goods must be delivered in the same condition and with the same features as when they were examined by the Dealer
9. If these conditions are not met, the Dealer will not accept the Customers used motor vehicle and the Customer will pay the full price for the vehicle ordered.
10. If the delivery of the goods is delayed through no fault of the Dealer they will deduct an amount for the depreciation of the part exchange goods. This amount will not exceed 3.5% of the agreed value of the part exchange goods for each complete 30 day period.
11. If the goods to be supplied by the seller are new the following provisions shall have effect:
- The goods supplied will comply with the description or model designation assigned by the Manufacturer.
- If, after the date, of this order, and before the delivery of the goods to the purchaser, the recommended price for the goods increases, the Customer will be notified of the amount of the increase the Dealer intends to pass on to the Customer. The Customer can cancel the contract within 14 days of receipt by them of such notice, failing which; such increases shall be added to the contract price of the goods.
12. The Dealer does not agree to supply more than 1 key. Additional keys will be supplied where available.
Tom Gallagher Group Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, our reference number is 665278
We are a Credit Broker not a Lender
Company Registration No. 4279824
M4 Service & MOT Centre
Westmead Industrial Estate