5 Star Warranty
Annex – Additional terms and conditions in respect of 5 Star Agreement
- The Vehicle is eligible for 5 Star cover if it:
- is less than 12 years old and
- has covered less than 125,000 miles
2. Covered Components
During the specified period, almost all of the original manufacturer’s mechanical and electrical components of the Vehicle are covered against total failure except those listed under parts not covered. Full terms and conditions are set out in this Agreement.
Wear and Tear is covered for the duration of the Agreement Diagnosis
1 hour diagnosis on all valid claims
Turbos including carbon build up All sensors and ECUs
Turbo/Supercharger (factory fitted) Air Conditioning (factory fitted) Camshaft Timing Belt
Providing there is proof that the manufacturer’s replacement recommendations have
been complied with and they are free from oil contamination.
Components not Covered
Chassis, bodywork, interior and exterior trim, locks, catches, latches, glass, panoramic sunroof, fabric roofs, tyres, batteries (including hybrid batteries), exhaust systems, exhaust manifold, diesel particulate filters, catalytic converter, glow plugs, fuel tanks, brake & clutch friction material, wiring looms, road wheels, clearing of fuel lines,
water ingress, oil seals and gaskets (except head gasket), satellite navigation, in-car entertainment, head up display, tracker systems, core plugs, seized brake calipers and all service items, heater elements, centralised locking pumps, car telephone, air bags, keys, key cards, remote fobs, all light units, bulbs including gas filled, LED’s, Xenon starter units, air conditioning recharging, anti-freeze, lubricants, filters, transmission fluids, external oil
or fluid leaks, hoses & pipes, hardware e.g. bolts and fixings, pulleys/dampers, serviceable and ancillary items. Instrument gauges are covered only in the event of a single gauge which can be replaced separately not as a cluster.
In the event of a part included in this Agreement causing damage to a casing then the casing will form part of the maximum Claim liability.
In the event of a valid Claim and provided that the repair time is in accordance with industry standards and is in excess of 8 hours, a maximum of £20 per day inclusive of VAT (excluding petrol and insurance) may be claimed for up to a maximum of 5 days, (related to the actual repair times from the time repairs commence) and provided that car hire is authorised by us prior to the start of the hire period.
This will form part of the maximum Claim liability.
In the event of an agreed repair, tow-in charges up to £50 including VAT will form part of the maximum repair payout.
Unless the vehicle has a Rescue & Recovery Breakdown Agreement. Components Not Covered
All components not listed above are excluded from this Agreement.
3. Additional Exclusions
- In addition to the exclusions set out at clause 5 of this Agreement (but subject to the other terms and conditions of this Agreement) the Dealer will not provide Warranty Assistance in respect of;
- the clearing of fuel lines;
- repairing water ingress;
- (if the Vehicle is a electric or a hybrid) any Mechanical Breakdown that occurs in relation to electrical connectors, wiring, batteries and the disposal of chemical waste resulting from a Claim), or;
- Mechanical Breakdown caused by Wear and Tear
4. Additional Benefits
If the Administrator determines that Warranty Assistance should be provided in respect of a Claim, the Administrator may:
- provide You with up to £60 (including VAT) towards hotel expenses (excluding food and drink) or rail fares if the Vehicle is rendered totally immobile and We have accepted responsibility for the repair.
- cover You within the EEA for up to 30 days and We will pay the liability at the prevailing currency exchange ask You to provide receipts in order to receive monies under this ‘Additional benefits’.